Teachers Pay Teachers Instagram Email Pinterest Image Map

Sunday, August 10, 2014

Bathroom Break

Let's talk about the dreaded bathroom breaks. Yes, the ones where every student seems to be going every which way, while quietly (or not so quietly) whispering back and forth in the stall that they hope they'll get away with (but not quite). It's definitely one of my least favorite transitions of the day.

I've been on the search for ways to make my bathroom breaks go by faster (or just less painful) and found that using sanitizer, though not quite as sanitary, speeds up the process. My first year of teaching, I had students wash their hands with the soap, but that was always a big hassle and students were flicking soap at each other, sloshing water around, and for some reason, there never seemed to be enough soap in the dispensers so last year I switched over to the sanitizers and it worked great, for a little while. But I made the mistake of using a single, large bottle for all my students (save money), held by a student. This quickly became chaotic because everyone was lining up to get their pump of sanitizer with only one student working furiously to meet their demands. So this year, I bought two smaller bottles, 1 for the girls and 1 for the boys and got to labeling them (because I have a slight obsession).


The one on the left is the front of the bottle and the one on the right is the backside with a quick reminder. Here's to hoping bathroom break just got a little bit less chaotic!

What do you do that works for you? 

No comments:

Post a Comment