Teachers Pay Teachers Instagram Email Pinterest Image Map

Saturday, September 13, 2014

Let's punctuate! Practice with telling, asking, and exciting sentences

I'm alive, I swear! I've just finished week two of school and it feels amazing. This year is truly better than all the years before; it is our third year turning around my school and we, as a staff, can really see the changes taking root in our students. I am so proud of my school. As much as we still have to go, we have made great improvements as a whole and you can really see and feel it. This year is going to be great and it has already started off on the right foot.

Speaking just about myself, I have made it a habit this year to plan and plan ahead and so it has been nonstop working to stay a few steps ahead. Of course, there are always going to be things that pop up out of the blue, but I do my best to stay prepared and it is working out well. I am so much calmer and collected this year as I get to stay in the same grade and learn to master it. It's a wonderful feeling.

Now that I've overloaded you on my good feelings, I am here to share a new resource I have been working on! I've noticed that my students have a hard time identifying what type of sentence a statement is while reading, so I created this packet that allows for students to first practice identifying types of sentences and then practice punctuating sentences once they have identified what type of sentence it is. Most of the practice worksheets have 2 versions of them so that one can be used as independent practice and one for homework or extra small group instruction. There is also a center included at the end that needs minimal prepping (print, laminate, cut) with a recording sheet. Click on the cover picture below to purchase the item.



No comments:

Post a Comment